Friday, December 24, 2004

Talked to an old schoolmate today. It was our first interaction in the last 2 and a half years. The first one, after I left my hometown for college.

Not that we were any great friends. But were definitely good to each other coz she was one of the rare breed of intelligent and beautiful girls and I was the topper of the class. After school, I joined DA-IICT and she joined NHL for physiotherapy. Our last meeting was somewher in july-2002. After that it was today that I talked to her, thanks to the mobile revolution. I would have never dared to call her up on her home-phone. But because this was her own phone, I gave it a shot.

Anyway, it was her birthday today and so I did have a reason to give her a call.
However, I felt the lack of warmth in her voice. See man, not everyone is as emotional and as nostalgic about people, things and places as I am. It seemed to me that for her, I was just another person whom she came across for a brief period. But I cannot have this kind of an attitude towards people, with whom I have spent 2 years of my life. Somehow, everyone, with whom I have spent, a significant amount of time, is important to me, even if we weren't very close.

Not everyone thinks the way as I do. So someone might be important for me, but I might not be for him. But then this is life. So carry on, dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home