Monday, December 27, 2004

Hold infinity in the palm of your hand

I did something today that I had been thinking to do since my first semester here. Pretty materialistic though, I finally did that today just to satisfy the young man within me, the one whom I often keep reined for the fear that it may overwhelm me. But sometimes, there is no escape and you have to do something even if it is superfluos, avoidable and worst of all burns a hole in your pocket.

The insti has become a great place to live in these days. With most of the students off to their home for the holidays, the place has become quiet and immensely peaceful, though boring sometimes. Often in a day, I happen to talk to other students only for 15-20 minutes. The days are passing by with me close to myself, no one to invade my privacy, no pressing schedule to make me give up what I really want to do.

By the way, came across these beautiful lines in a book:

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wildflower
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand
And eternity in an hour.

- William Blake, The auguries of innocence

Really beautiful, na?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home