Sunday, February 27, 2005

Synapse

we are having our annual festival. This time we are doing it differently in the sense that we have organised cultural as well as technical festivals together in these 3 days. But till now, the festival, though it bears the name of our technical festival - "Synapse", reminds us more of our Cultural festival "Blitz". All the crowd has been seen only in the cultural events. However, we do not mind this till there is a festive atmosphere in the institute and outsiders leave with pleasent memories and high regard for this place. As of now, I think this has been achieved.

I reached the finals of an event called "Forage". It is basically the "Junkyard Wars" event. However, our team did miserably. We ended up being last.

As I am writing this, there is some noisy English music being played quite loudly in the food court area. Everything in our festivals is always Western. English songs, English movies, Rock concerts, fashion show etc. But now, I have started liking this way of life. I even enjoyed the rock show yesterday. Even I now hate Hindi movies and enjoy English songs more. I do not think there is anything wrong in immitating the wetern culture. I feel a bit uncomfortable only because these things are unrealistic. Outside college, in professional life, things are very different. And living a western life in the college years - listening to noisy music, growing long hairs, fagging, boozing, flirting, wearing cool clothes, hardly prepare us for the harsh realities of life. Having lived such a life, supported by their dads, the bright youngsters will definitely find it difficult to adjust when they are out in the open after 4 years and have to live on their own. But by this I do not imply that we should behave completely as professionals in our college years. These are the best years of one's life. SO do whatever you want- even go and screw choicest of lovelies if you feel like doing tha, till you have an eye on your final goal and are working for it. Everyone, when in his college should enjpy himself as much as possible. Once we are done with the student life, the responsibilities of life will hardly leave any time (and bucks) to enjoy. Now, my friends who might be reading this would ask me to first practise and then preach. But then, I am a loner. How do they know whether I am enjoying myself or not? Whatever external picture I may portray, I have been enjoying my youth and will continue to do that. Life is cool here. Any my coolness quotient, though quite low is good enough for me that I would no repent in my later years of good days spent "under utilised".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home