Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Baby

Close your eyes and imagine pearls falling on earth
Such is the beauty of the new-born at its birth.

That twinkle in the eye,
Like a star in the sky.
That smile on face,
Who wouldn't chase?
The tiny face with expressions that he is fond,
Like drops of water on leaves in the lotus pond.

Such immense purity!
Absolute transparent clarity.

Then Why God brought such beauty on this impure land?
Where man hates man and cut other's hand..

When I asked this to myself last night,
In my dreams came an angel bright.

She said -
Why sun rises after every night?
Why left always has a right?
There should be something good enough
To give bad a fight.
Yes, it's the baby - "your future insight"...

She said -
Tommorow lies in your hand.
How to save your land
The Baby is your future,
All up to you how to nurture.
This little seed,
Give him a feed,
And the right path to lead...

She concluded by saying -
Do take care of my babies well
When they come out of the shell.
Despite all wrong on land,
I give the baby in your hand.
Coz I trust you
On the monday morning blue,
Because life must go on,
So newones have to be born.
Because life must go on....

- Chitra Gurnani

Beautiful? Isn't it?

This one is a composition by one of my batchmates. I simply loved it when she recited it in the class and so with her permission (Artists are quite sensitive and so one should deal with their creations quite responsibly), I have put it up here for everyone to appreciate.

Well, with this poem I know one more artist in our batch. I often wonder how does it feels to be an artist, because I have never been one. Thankfully, at least, I can appreciate art. But no regrets. Just as the above poem says - "because left always has a right". And so with all these artists in the batch, there had to be blokes like me. If everyone was an artist, who would have carried out the all-important task of appreciating and hence motivating the artists???

6 Comments:

Blogger Naresh said...

Hey Vivek...
Tht poem certainly needed appreciation. I 2 liked it immensely! Somehow, I nvr hrd it b4...
n i always feel belittled when I read ur thoughts n aspirations... u r some1 2 luk up2 man!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Vivek Pabari said...

thanks naresh

9:43 AM  
Blogger Alaknanda said...

hey thts a gr8 poem there....and i like ppl who are atleast sensible enuff to appreciate the beauty of art..:)

The tiny face with expressions that he is fond

this is jus my observation...i dunno if i m rite...shudnt the "he" be a "He" there...??

sorry if i m wrong...

12:41 PM  
Blogger Arpit said...

hey vivek, so i finally do land up at ur blog!!
hey this piece of poetry is indeed very good .. she's good at it! seems like we have many creative peers..

1:24 AM  
Blogger Ankur said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Ankur said...

i read this poem n i said to myself -

"wow..never thought a new-born to be like pearls..water-drop on a leaf.."

it was certainly not less than a song..kudos to chitra..n to u too, to have show-cased her work, that ppl would have not know otherwise..

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home